Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, July 3, 2015

Give Thanks Cushion – version 2

I’ve been quietly stitching away on my cushion panel for some time, and at last the stitchery was completed.  An afternoon or two at the sewing machine, and I’d completed the cushion cover.  Or had I?  No – I decided I hadn’t made the cover firm enough, so it had to be unpicked and re-stitched a little smaller.  Can’t have a saggy cushion now, can we?   There – that’s much better.  I made it especially to sit on the couch in my sewing room.

P7030049 “Give Thanks” cushion

If this cushion looks familiar, it is because I stitched another one last year and sent it off to South Dakota as a Christmas gift for my penfriend Carol.  I enjoyed doing it so much, I decided that I wanted to make one for myself too.  The pattern is by Kim Goodrich of “Once Upon a Vine”.

Lucy the rabbit also sits on the couch.  She was a lovely hand-made gift from Lucy who used to live in Hawaii – sadly Lucy moved away to the main-land and I lost touch with her.  Wouldn’t it be wonderful if she just happened to be reading this blog?

P6120004 Lucy the rabbit came from Hawaii

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my the pillow is just wonderful!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your Giving Thanks cushion is beautiful!

I host a weekly Stitchery Link Party and I would love to have you come link up this post so that my readers can come see too. http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/07/06/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-13/ I do hope that you'll come join the fun!

Renee said...

I just hopped over from Super Mom - No Cape! Your Give Thanks cushion is absolutely wonderful! The bunny is cute, too. It would be wonderful if Lucy saw it.

SuperMomNoCape said...

I'm just popping back to thank you for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party. At different times during the week when I checked on the link party and saw this again, it was a gentle reminder to be thankful for so many blessings.

I do hope that you'll come join in again soon!