Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Still more Leaves needed

Goodness knows how I miscalculated, but I was still short of leaf appliqué blocks for my daughter’s birthday quilt.  So I’ve been busy this week tracing out leaf shapes, cutting extra cream squares, and fusing them together.  The next step, of course, was sitting at the sewing machine and button-hole stitching around the leaf shapes.  That certainly kept me busy for a while.

P5190009 Cutting shapes from fusible web

All my pink and green nine patch blocks were laid out on the floor so that I could check and see how many appliqué blocks I needed.  Hopefully I’ve got the numbers right now.

P5190008Nine patch blocks

The weather has got quite a bit colder lately – so I decided it must be time to make a batch of soup.  Two small pumpkins got chopped into pieces and simmered away in the Crockpot (slow cooker) all day.  These are my bargain buy pumpkins, I purchased five while we were on holiday and carefully carried them home.  With the addition of sautéed onion, bacon pieces, and flavoured with curry powder, it certainly makes a delicious, filling soup.  Just the thing for lunch on a cold day, and especially nice with a swirl of cream added!

P5190005

P5200012 Tasty pumpkin soup for lunch

3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Jenny, you've been busy. Can't wait to see the leaves on this quilt. What kind of fusible web do you use?

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Mmmmmmmm, now I want pumpkin soup!!!

Jenny said...

I have been using Steam-a-seam fusible