Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Finished some Knitting

There’s no way I could be called a fanatical knitter, but sometimes in the evenings I just feel the need to get the knitting needles out and do a bit of mindless knitting while I’m watching TV.  Mind you, if the programme is so intriguing that I really have to concentrate to see where the story is going, the knitting may well be put aside.  I had completed a little kiddie’s jumper for my baby box but it needed a couple of crocheted buttonholes   for the neck opening.  Crotchet is something that I had never mastered, so my friend Eileen offered to help me out.  It really didn’t take her too long at all, and once I’d sewn two little buttons on, it was all finished.  This little jumper will join the others in the box and hopefully sometime in the future one of my grand-daughters will oblige and produce a new little member of the next generation.  Or maybe someone else will have a new baby and then I will be able to choose something from my box  for a gift.

P8280005 Another one for the baby box

I’ve had another knitting finish too, and finally used up all of my bargain priced knitting cotton purchased from the Hospice Shop a while ago, using up all the ends of balls that I had accumulated.  That’s another two more dusters knitted to add to my collection.  I quite enjoyed knitting these, so will keep my eye out for some more knitting cotton in the Op Shops, as it is fairly pricey in the wool shops, I noticed.

P8280008 My last two knitted cotton dusters

Hopefully I’ll be able to spend some time at the sewing machine now.  There are two very important quilts that I really need to work on, for gifts.

No comments: