Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

99 Not Out

We are having another weekend away in the caravan – this time we are over the Wairarapa in Masterton.  The weather is rather wet so there hasn’t been any time spent sitting out in the sunshine so far.  But I have been busy doing a little knitting inside the caravan with the heater keeping me warm.  This is another little kiddie’s jumper using some wool which was given to me.

P7190014  Knitting in the caravan

I’ve also added to my yo-yo count and stitched up some more of these little things – all ready to get turned into a Christmas reindeer in the fullness of time.

P7170023 More yo-yos on the go

As we are camping at Masterton for the weekend, it was a good opportunity to catch up with my elderly aunt, who resides in one of the local rest homes.  Aunty Win is “99 not out”, has very firm opinions and tells us that she really doesn’t know why she is still alive and kicking.  She is not at all impressed with the fact that she might get a telegram from the Queen when she turns 100 next year.  “I’m not a Royalist”, she told us firmly.  And as for a telegram from the Prime Minister- Aunty Win doesn’t even know who the current one is.  It was lovely to catch up with her again, and she is always interested to hear about our trips away.  She is the last of four sisters, who all lived to a good age, but certainly can’t beat Aunty Win at 99!

P7180012With  Aunty Win at the Rest Home

No comments: