Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, January 13, 2014

First finish of the New Year

I’ve got my first finish of the New Year all done.  No, not a quilt, but a simple summer skirt, as I wanted a change from wearing three quarter length summer trousers every day  Although I do have a couple of skirts, another one wouldn’t go amiss.  There is no surprise that my new skirt is “blue”, guess I’m just a creature of habit, but I do love wearing blue.  This particular skirt has been cut out ready to stitch together for the last couple of summers.  I found it languishing in a bag when I did the big sort out and pack up prior to moving.  So it’s been a long time in the making.  I won’t even hazard a guess how long I’ve had the fabric – but I know I purchased it way back in my Knit Wit sewing days.  Wonder how many of you can relate to that? 

P1130001

I’ve been thinking what particular UFO I should work on next.  There are a couple of projects which really won’t  need that much sewing time to get to completion.  

Got busy with the rotary cutter the other day and cut up a whole lot of two and a half inch squares from my box of assorted strips.  This is for a “leaders and enders” project which has been on the back burner for ages.  So instead of using one of those horrible scrappy bits of fabric to sew over when I stop and start a seam, I can just sew one of my squares together.  And hopefully the pile of finished squares will grow like Tospy.  That’s the plan anyway, I’ll see how it works out in reality.  Does anyone else have a pile of squares ready while doing another project?

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Well done to have a finish already, I have way too many UFO, but a few days pulled out a scarf I started when we were camping last year, so might be able to call it a "January Finish" if I hurry up. Greetings to all, Jean.

June said...

Squares, yes indeed, Jenny. I've tins full, all sizes from one and a half inches to three and a half - and I've made a quilt or two using them!